Veal Fillet in Wine and Thyme
The rich wine and aromatic thyme add such intense flavor to the tender veal filet. Serve with roasted potatoes.
1 large veal filet
500 g of bacon
½ cup of cognac
1 ½ cups of red wine
400 gr of tinned, chopped tomatoes
1 ½ tbs of corn flour
3 tbs of olive oil
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of thyme
1. Wash the filet and cut into cubes.
2. Wrap each cube with a rasher of bacon and secure with two toothpicks.
3. Arrange on the bottom of a wide pan and sauté in olive oil.
4. Heat the cognac and pour into the pan and leave to extinguish.
5. Add the red wine, chopped tomatoes, sugar, thyme salt and pepper.
6. Simmer slowly for approximately 1-1 ½ hours.
7. To thicken the sauce, dissolve the corn flour in a little cold water and pour into the pan.
8. Cook for a few minutes more so that the sauce reduces, and serve.