Meat Fondue with Tomato Sauce
Fondue is a fun and easy way to entertain a good group of friends, or family. The sauce accompanying this beef fondue is rich and full of Mediterranean flavor.
800 g veal
2 tbs olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 can of plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
a bit of pepper, freshly ground
sunflower oil for the fondue
1. In a nonstick pot add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat well. When the oil is hot, add the finely chopped onion and stir with a wooden spoon for one minute.
2. Add the finely chopped garlic and the finely chopped tomato.
3. Let the sauce simmer and add the tomato paste, oregano, salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the sauce simmer over low heat until it sets.
4. Take the meat out of the refrigerator and cut it into small pieces (cubes 2x2 centimeters).
5. Heat in a pot the sunflower oil and transfer it to the fondue pot.
6. Light the burner underneath the pot, so that the oil stays hot.
7. With the special forks take one by one the pieces of meat and fry them in the oil. They do not need more than one minute to be ready.
8. Then, all you have to do is dip the meat in the tomato sauce, which you have served in a personal bowl for each of your friends. Bon appetite...