Fillet with Pepper Crust and Balsamic Vinegar
This recipe is simple and very easy to make yet can come off as sophisticated and refined. Cook the meat well, make sure the sauce is well seasoned and reduced, and you have a great dinner for two; accompany with small baked potatoes and sautéed vegetables of your choice!
4 beef fillets
2 table spoons olive oil
1 table spoons mixed peppers
2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
1. In a blender coarsely crush the peppers and spread on kitchen bench.
2. Salt the fillets and rub with garlic. Press each against the peppers to create a peppery crust.
3. In a nonstick pan that has been preheated, add the olive oil and place the fillets, cooking each side for 2 minutes until well browned.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and let boil until all the acidity is reduced. Check that the meat is cooked through well, and if not finish off in the oven at 180°C.
5. Serve with varied vegetables sautéed in a pan with a little olive oil.
From the book "Eleni Psychouli cooks" 26 chefs in 26 minutes