A classic chicken curry recipe can always come in handy. This dish balances sweet and sour in an original way using tomatoes for acidity and apple for sweetness!
- 2 lbs. chicken,portioned into small pieces
- 4 large tomatoes,diced
- 2 apples,diced
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 large onions,cutted in brunoise
- 1-1/2 tsp salt, pepper
- 2 tbs grated coconut (optional)
- 6 sprigs parsley,finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 (or more) tbsp curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth or coconut milk
Fry the chicken in 1 tbsp of oil until lightly browned.
Add water and simmer for 20 minutes until chicken pieces are tender.
Drain and put aside.
Add onions, garlic, tomatoes, parsley and apples to the frying pan and sauté over medium heat.
Add sugar, ginger and curry powder. Sprinkle with flour and pour in broth or coconut milk ( add slowly so as not to add too much and make your sauce too thin).
Add grated coconut and chicken and sauté for an additional 10 minutes over medium heat.