Red Snapper & Tahina
Filleted red snapper, are a treat in themselves; add some tahini and onion to them and you have a fantastic main course! Buy fresh, good quality produce.
3 lbs. red snapper
3 big white onions
2 cups corn oil
1 cup sesame sauce (tahini)
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups of water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon and black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
- Finely chop the onion
- Fillet the fish, carefully deboning it.
- Add salt to the fish and let it stand for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Fry the fish in oil until golden and set it in a baking dish.
2. In a bowl, put the tahini and salt and add little by little water and lemon juice. Stir it well until it becomes white in color, then set it aside.
3. Put 1/4 cup from fish oil in pan with onions on high heat and stir for 4 minutes, then add Tahini sauce and boil for 1 minute.
4. Pour all the onions with the Tahini sauce over the fish and sprinkle cinnamon and black pepper, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes or on the stove on low heat for 6 minutes.
5. Serve this dish hot or cold.