Tabbouleh of Ketty from Cafe Abyssinia
The classic Middle Eastern salad made by a great chef, Ketty Koufonikola.
- 1/2 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 salad tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
Wash the bulgur wheat briefly under cold running water, then transfer to a clean bowl together with the lemon juice.
Leave two hours, until the juice has been absorbed and the wheat has swollen.
Place the onions, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl, add the wheat and mix together gently.
Just before serving stir in the olive oil and salt.