This thick Spanish potato omelet is a satisfying meal for any time of the day and is usually served with a green salad on the side.
200 ml olive oil
500 g potatoes, peeled, rinsed and thinly sliced with a mandoline , if possible
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
green salad, to serve
2 onions, sliced
- Steam the potatoes until almost tender.
- Heat the oil in a deep oven proof frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until tender, but not brown.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl, then mix in the potatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to frying pan with the onions and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Bring the pan to a preheated oven and broil for 5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.