Chios Mastiha Cream
• 3 egg yolks
• 100 gr. Sugar
• 4 oz. Chios Mastiha liqueur
• 2 gelatin sheets, 7 gr. each soaked in water to soften
• 420 gr. cream cheese
• 2 Tbsp. strained yogurt
• 8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
• 300 ml heavy cream, whipped stiff
• Fresh strawberries for garnish
• 4-6 Tbsp. strawberry sauce or coulis, for garnish
• 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Beat the egg yolks, sugar and Chios Mastiha liqueur in a double boiler until the mixture is creamy and pale.
2. Melt the gelatin in a little water over low heat in a small sauce pan and beat it into the egg mixture. Add the cream cheese, yogurt and mint leaves.
3. Whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold it gently into the mixture. Pour into individual moulds and chill for at least four hours before serving. To serve, turn onto a plate and decorate with a few strawberries, strawberry sauce and balsamic vinegar.