Spicy Pork Kebabs with Cayenne Pepper and Raw Onions
Perhaps this recipe doesn't look like something exceptional at first glance, and the truth is that it isn't. What it can boast of though, is that magic simplicity that the combination of raw ingredients can give a dish. Make it for a weekend lunch, and share it with people you love!
3 lb boneless pork, trimmed and cut into two inch cubes
6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
pepper to taste
1-2 tsp cayenne
1 ½ cups sour cream
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 medium red onions
1/2 bunch parsley
cayenne for dusting
lemon wedges for garnish
6 12-inch metal skewers
- Place the pork pieces in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, pepper and cayenne. Cover and marinate for one hour at room temperature or up to six hours refrigerated.
- Cut onion into paper-thin rings
- Finely chop the parsley
1. Bring to room temperature before broiling. Preheat the broiler and place the oven rack six inches from the broiler’s heat. Broil the pork for about 12 -15 minutes in total, turning it once.
2. While the pork is broiling, mix together the sour cream and olive oil. Remove the pork and place in a platter or in individual plates.
3. Top the skewers with the raw onion rings, parsley and cayenne. Serve immediately with the sour cream and lemon wedges on the side.