Rolled Schnitzels with Tomato Sauce
Serve these delicious rolled schnitzels with rice or pasta and grated cheese.
6 veal schnitzels, about 100 gr each
12 thin slices prosciutto
1 cup grated mozzarella
2x45 gr canned anchovies in oil
2 tbs all purpose flour
tsp grated black pepper
2 tbs oil
1/3 cup dry white wine
½ cup bottled tomato sauce
1 tsp caper
1 tbs cut fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 160° C.
1. Place the steaks between two sheets of transparent membrane and with the rolling-pin press them until they have a uniform thickness, about half cm, taking care not to break the meat.
2. Place 2 slices prosciutto on each steak. Spread 2 tablespoons of cheese over the prosciutto and add 3 anchovies.
3. Roll the steaks and tie them with string at even intervals so that they maintain their shape during cooking. Mix the flour with the pepper on a baking paper. Slightly flour the meat. Shake it so that excess flour falls off.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Fry the meat over medium heat until it has browned well all over.
5. Place it in a shallow pan. Add the white wine, broth, sauce and caper in the frying pan. Let them come to a boil.
6. Pour the sauce over the meat.
7. Cover the pan, put it in the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
8. Take off the string a little while before serving. Serve with cut parsley.