Rolled Roast Pork with Kritharaki (Orzo)
Orzo or kritharaki in Greek is a rice-shaped pasta that is traditionally used in many meat stews.Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
1 rolled pork 1300 g
500 g medium kritharaki
1 can peeled tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp tomato paste
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 tbs parsley, finely chopped
½ cup olive oil
pepper, freshly ground
Preheat oven at 180°C
- Peel and finely chop tomates
- Finely chop onions and parsley
1. In a large nonstick frying pan sauté on all sides the pork, until it browns. and place the rolled pork in a pan. Roast for 1 hour and twenty minutes.
2. During roasting, when the rolled pork has been cooking for 45-50 minutes, add the finely chopped onion, the finely chopped tomatoes, the paste, the kritharaki, the olive oil, the parsley, the salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Add 2 cups of water, stir, and continue roasting. Keep stirring every 10 minutes and add as much water as necessary (usually another two cups).
4. The food is ready when the kritharaki has absorbed all the fluids.