Risotto with Warm Mushroom Salad
The warm mushroom salad adds a meaty flavor to the creamy risotto.
8 tbs. olive oil
2 cups Arborio Carnaroli rice
1 cup dry porcini mushrooms
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup grated parmesan
2 full tbs. fresh cream cheese
For the mushroom salad
300g coarsely cut mushrooms, all kinds
2 tbs. olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
5 sprigs parsley
salt and freshly milled pepper
For the mushroom salad.
1. Grill the mushrooms for 23 minutes on each side and place in a bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Garnish the risotto with the mushroom salad.
For the risotto.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 250ml boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Chop the onions in brunoise
- Heat the chicken broth
1. Sautee onion in a wide pan for 34 minutes.
2. Add the rice and cook for another 34 minutes until it turns transparent.
3. Add bit by bit the warm broth, adding each time the water is absorbed by the rice. Stir.
4. Half way through the process add the drained porcini mushrooms.
5. Add the water in which the mushrooms soaked.
6. Once the rice absorbs all the liquid and turns creamy, add the grated parmesan and the fresh cream cheese. Serve immediately with fresh milled pepper and the mushroom salad.
From the book "Eleni Psychouli cooks" 26 chefs in 26 minutes