Rabbit with Rosemary and Mustard
This rabbit dish is rich, aromatic, and tender. Truly delicious!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 rabbit joints, about 200 gr each
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp coarse-grain mustard
- 1 tbs chopped rosemary
- 3 tbs low-fat fromage frais
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper sprigs of rosemary, to garnish
Fry the onion gently in the olive oil for 3 minutes.
Add the rabbit joints and brown evenly on all sides.
Add the chicken stock, white wine, mustard, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for 45 minutes until the rabbit is just tender.
Remove the rabbit joints to a serving dish and keep warm.
Boil the cooking liquid rapidly until reduced by half; beat the fromage frais with the egg yolk and whisk into the cooking liquid over a gentle heat, without boiling.
Spoon the sauce over the rabbit and garnish with sprigs of rosemary.