Skewered Lamb with Coriander Yogurt
The coriander yogurt is such a refreshing topping for these succulent marinated lamb skewers.
900 g lean boneless lamb
1 large onion, grated
3 bay leaves
5 thyme or rosemary sprigs
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) caster sugar
75 ml (3 fl oz or 1/3 cup) olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
sprigs of rosemary, to garnish
grilled lemon wedges, to serve
For the coriander yogurt
150 ml (1/4 pint or 2/3 cup) thick
15 ml (1 tbs ) chopped fresh mint
15 ml (1 tbs ) chopped fresh coriander
10 ml (2 tsp) grated onion
1. To make the coriander yogurt, mix together the yogurt, mint, coriander and grated onion and transfer to a small serving dish.
2. To make the kebabs, cut the lamb into small chunks and put in a bowl.
2. Mix together the grated onion, herbs, lemon rind and juice, sugar and oil, then add salt and pepper and pour over the lamb.
3. Mix the ingredients together and leave to marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
4. Drain the meat and thread on to skewers.
5. Arrange on a grill rack and cook under a preheated grill for about 10 minutes until browned, turning occasionally.
6. Transfer to a plate and garnish with rosemary. Serve with the grilled lemon wedges and the coriander yogurt.