Red Wine Merchant' s Steak
This steak with red wine sauce is very easy to make and incredibly tasty, add some mushroom to the sauce for variation and accompany it with home-made thinly cut French fries!
1 steak per person
1/2 cup of red sauce (see recipe) per steak
1/2 cup red wine
2 tbsp of cream
1 small onion, chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C
1. Brown the steaks in a pan with little oil and set aside.
2. Add the onion to the pan used for the steaks and saute until golden brown.
3. Pour in the wine and let it boil as much as necessary to reduce the alcohol well.
4. Add the sauce and cook until the mixture reduces and thickens
5. Then add the cream and stir through.
6. Put the steaks in the oven and if you want the meat cooked to medium rare let them cook for 8-10 minutes.
7. To serve, pour the sauce over the steaks with sauteed mushrooms.