Pork with quince
Quinces are used to make marmalade, spoon sweets, and pies, and are delicious cooked with meats. In Greece there are many favorite pork dishes with quince.
1 kg pork meat
1 kg quince, peeled, deseeded
1/2 kg tomatoes
1 spoonful sugar
salt, pepper, nutmeg
1. Rinse the meat, dice it and sautee in the oil.
2. Add a cup of water, the nutmeg, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
3. The tomatoes are then added and simmer until half-cooked.
4. Cut the quince and add to the casserole with the meat pushed to the side so the quince may be covered by the sauce.
5. Add the sugar and enough water to cover the food and cook for about a half hour more.