Penne with Mozzarella, Walnuts and Vegetables
The asssortement of colors, flavors, textures and aromas in this pasta dish make it an impressive entree or side dish.
500 g penne
1 dry onion
2 cloves of garlic
200 g mushrooms
½ glass white wine
½ cup parsley and fresh thyme
300 g mozzarella cut in cubes
50 g walnuts
salt and pepper
- Finely chop the onion,garlic
- Peel and core the tomatoes, cut them into small cubes
- Chop vegetables
1. Sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil.
2. Add the zucchini, the artichokes, the mushrooms, salt and pepper.
3. Let them on the heat over 3-4 minutes stirring all the time and pour in the wine.
4. Add tomatoes to the vegetable mixture.
5. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes and then add the mozzarella, the walnuts, the parsley and the thyme.
6. Meanwhile, bring the pasta to a boil and when it is ready, strain and mix well with the sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and basil.