Meat Patties with Pistachio Nuts
These unusually tasty meat patties are a wonderful alternative to the classic burger for your next barbeque.
400 gr ground lamb
200 gr dried breadcrumbs
2 hot chilies, finely chopped
4 tbs olive oil plus some extra
2 medium onions, grated
60 g shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
salt, freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the mincemeat with 120 grams of the breadcrumbs, the chilies, salt and pepper.
2. Gently heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and brown the onions until they start to caramelize.
3. Season with salt and pepper; add 80 grams of breadcrumbs and the pistachios.
4. Shape the mincemeat into 8 oval patties.
5. Divide the pistachio mixture into 8 equal portions; make a hollow in each patty and press in the pistachios.
6. Reshape the patties, brush with a little oil and grill them in the oven.