Marzipan with Tangerine from Corfu (Bianketa)
These almond tangerine bites from the island of Corfu are wonderful little nourishing desserts with a lingering tangerine scent and flavor!
6 large tangerines
500 g sugar
500 g crushed almond
1. Squeeze the tangerines and keep their juice.
2. Boil the skins of the squeezed tangerines with plenty of water for 15 minutes so that they sweeten.
3. Strain them well and let them cool off.
4. Pulp in the blender or mutli-mixer the skins, almonds, juice and sugar.
5. Put the mixture in a pot and stir over low heat until the fluids evaporate and a thick paste is left.
6. Cool it off and mold small balls which you can cover with sugar.