Lobster pilaf is a impressive and elegant meal. The tender and delicate lobster adds delicious flavor to the rice.
For the lobster:
1 kg lobster
1 onion, whole
3-4 Tbs olive oil
For the sauce:
1 onion, chopped
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1-2 bay leaves
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the lobster whole and cook.
2. Add onion, celery and a little olive oil to the stock.
3. Remove the lobster from the pot.
4. Remove the intestines but do not discard.
5. Cut the lobster up into portions.
6. In another pot make a sauce with onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper, some parsley and a small bay leaf.
7. Strain the stock into a clean pan; add the sauce and the intestines. Add the rice.
8. The white meat of the lobster can be served separately or mixed with the rice.