Herring salad is a dish popular in many European countries with a strong distinct flavor.
6 herring fillets
Around 200-250g strained yogurt
2 tsp mayonnaise
1 large potatoes
2 tbsp chopped pickles
1 tsp sugar
1 medium sized onion
Hard boiled eggs cut in quarters
- Boil the potatoes and dice them
- Hard boil the eggs starting from cold water for 14 minutes
- Chop the onions in brunoise
1. Mix the yogurt, the mayonnaise, the cayenne pepper, and the sugar.
2. Cut the herring in small pieces, and mix with the eggs, the onion, the parsley, and the potatoes.
3. Add the yogurt mixture. Blend all the ingredients together.
4. Decorate a serving platter with the lettuce leaves and serve the herring salad on top.
5. Garnish with eggs, pickles and parsley.