Herbed Mussels and Pasta
This wonderful seafood pasta dish is so elegant and full of texture and flavor.
900 gr of fresh mussels
juice of 1 lemon
½ cup of water
1 tbs of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
cup of dry, white wine
3 ½ tbs of butter
1 ½ tbs of flour
1 tbs of finely chopped parsley
4 cups of cooked fettuccine
salt and pepper
1 tbsp pesto
1. Put the mussels in a pan of water, add the lemon juice and pepper, and cook over medium heat until they open.
2. Discard any mussels that remain closed.
3. Remove the mussel and set aside.
4. Strain the shells and collect the juices in a bowl. If possible, strain through muslin.
5. In a frying pan, sauté the finely chopped garlic for 2 minutes.
6. Add the white wine and cook for 2 minutes, over high heat.
7. Add the juice from the mussels, salt and pepper, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
8. In a mixer, beat the flour and the butter together and then pour into a frying pan, using a whisk.
9. Sprinkle with the finely chopped parsley and pepper, add the fettuccine and the mussels along with the sauce; combine well and spoon over the pesto.