Cheese-filled Serbian Crêpes (Milka Micic)
Cheese filled Serbian crepes. Need we say much more. Easy to make and pretty healthy!
1½ cup 2% milk
2 cups of water
½ tsp of baking powder
½ tsp of salt
cup of oil
2½ to 3 cups flour
1 cup feta or anthotiro
2 cups low fat cottage cheese
1. Mix all the ingredients for the crêpes together either with a whisk or an electrical mixer.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the filling with a spoon.
3. Use the thinnest frying pan you have or a crêpes pan if you have one to make the crêpes. Butter it well and pour a ladle full of batter in the pan. Lift it up and softly move around to help spread the batter evenly, pour any excess batter back into the bowl.
4. Using a spoon delicately lift one side of the crepe every so often to check how it's going. Once it has turned a nice golden brown, flip it over.
5. When you have made all the crêpes, fill them with 2 spoonfuls of the cheese filling. Fold two of the sides in and roll or fold the other two sides towards each other.
6. Place them tidily in a deep baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes.