Beef Steaks Sautéed with Mustard cream and Wild Mushrooms
Creamy wild mushroom sauce smothering juicy steaks. How can anyone resist such a sumptuous and satisfying meal.
6 beef steaks with the bone, about 200 g each
30 gr porchini mushrooms
a pinch of salt and freshly grated black pepper
30 g pearl onions, diced
350 g pancetta (or bacon), cut in thick slices
1 ½ cup dry white wine
6 tbs beef gelatin
600 ml (3 cups) fresh cream
1 tbs mustard
1 tbs lemon juice
1. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the steaks over medium heat on both sides, until they are slightly cooked and pink in the center. Take the pan off the fire and keep the steaks warm.
3. Heat the pan again and sauté the onions, mushrooms and the pancetta.
4. Remove only the mushrooms from the pan and keep them warm.
5. Reduce the fresh cream, by boiling in a small saucepan, over low heat, until only 1 cup remains.
6. Place the wine in the frying pan, along with the pancetta, and let it simmer until ¼ cup remains.
7. Add the beef gelatin and the fresh cream.
8. Beat the mustard together with the lemon juice and add the sauce in the frying pan with the cooked mushrooms, the salt and the pepper.