Battered Fried Shrimp and Sun Dried Tomato Cream
These succulent shrimp dipped in the creamy sundried tomato sauce are a terrific appetizer to share with friends.
16 shrimps No. 2, cleaned
100 gr. flour
100 gr. corn flour
100 ml soda water
2 tbs mixed fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley, dill)
For the ouzo tomato cream
100 ml mayonnaise
2 sun dried tomatoes chopped
1 fresh onion
1 tbs parsley finely chopped
sunflower oil for frying
1. Prepare a pulp with the soda, the flour, the corn flower the condiments and a little salt.
2. Dip the shrimp in the pulp and fry them in the hot oil.
3. When fried drain them well on absorbent paper.
4. Prepare the tomato cream by stirring the mayonnaise with the sun dried tomatoes, the parsley and the salt and pepper.
5. Serve the shrimp on top of the tomato cream.