Potatoes with Mussels, Calamari and Tomato
This is not necessarily a summery dish, but rather it can easily be eaten indoors, to help you get through the colder months!
500 gr potatoes cut in medium pieces
500 gr cleaned calamari or squid cut in pieces
500 gr mussels cleaned (fresh or frozen)
1 green and 1 red pepper sliced
2 dry onions sliced
4 mature tomatoes grated
2 garlic cloves minced
1g saffron powder
½ bunch parsley finely chopped
1/3 cup white wine
salt & pepper
1. Sauté the chopped vegetables in 4-5 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Add the calamari or squid and the saffron to the sautéed onions.
3. Leave for a few minutes over high heat, stirring continuously, add the tomato, let boil on high, and finish off by adding the wine.
4. Add the potatoes to the pot with 2 cups of water. Add salt and pepper and let them boil over medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes and the seafood are soft.
5. Then add the mussels and boil for another 3-4 minutes. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley.