Pork Tenderloin with Almonds
This A dish's originality you would not guess from the title! Impressive, simple and delicious.
2 pork tenderloins (about 300 gr each)
½ cup roasted crushed almonds
2 garlic cloves
1 cup olive oil
8 fresh onions
2 tbsp butter
1 cup sherry (or Mavrodaphne wine)
1/3 cup fresh cream
salt & pepper
Preparing the Pork.
Preheat the oven to 180°C
1. Grate the almonds with the garlic in the blender and mix them with the olive oil in a small bowl.
2. Score the tenderloins lengthwise and use a tenderizer until they become thin slices.
3. Place each piece of meat on a piece of aluminum foil, add salt and pepper and brush the upper side with the almond and garlic mixture.
4. Wrap each tenderloin into a roll by twisting the edges of the foil tightly like a candy.
5. Place them in an oven pan with the wine and 1/4 cup of water.
6. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes
7. When the meat has cooked, strain the liquids from the pan to use for the sauce, cut the meat into slices and keep it warm until you prepare the sauce.
Making the sauce.
1. Sauté the onions in butter over medium heat until they soften.
2. Add the liquids from the pan, add salt and pepper and the fresh cream. Lower the heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
3. Spoon the onions and the sauce on the plates and place the slices of meat over them.