Pork with Pumpkin Casserole
The hearty pumpkin stew is the perfect side dish to the savory pork.
1 kg pork, boneless leg cut in portions
1 kg pumpkin cut
2 large onions sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 tbs sage
2 glasses white wine
salt and pepper
thyme, oregano and rosemary
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. Put 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, thyme, oregano and the rosemary in a blender.
2. Pour mixture on top of the pork, season with salt and pepper then place in a pan with a glass of wine and some water, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes in 180°C.
3. Uncover the pork and leave it another 15 minutes to brown skin evenly.
4. Sauté onions with some olive oil, add the pumpkin, salt and pepper then douse with the remaining wine, pour in the sage and stir in a low temperature until the pumpkin melts.
5. Stew for about 20 minutes.