Tarte with Asparagus and Chicken Mousse
Chicken mousse, is original by definition, let alone in a tarte! Offer this pie as an appetizer or a light casual main course.
1 package ready made short crust pastry
200 gr chicken (breast fillet)
2 egg whites
½ cup fresh cream
1/2 tsp nutmeg
100 gr grated parmesan
2 toast bread slices, crumbled
2 tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 180°
1. Let the pastry sheet to defrost if frozen. Roll it out and lay on buttered and floured small tart moulds (or you can make one 20 cm tart, approximately).
2. Clean the asparagus and dip them in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes and then dip them immediately in cold water.
3. Purée the chicken with the fresh cream in the blender, the egg whites, nutmeg, the salt and pepper.
4. Spread the mousse in the tarts, cut the asparagus into smaller pieces and divide them among the tarts.
5. Sprinkle with the crumbled toast bread, the parmesan and the butter.
6. Bake approximately 20-30 minutes and serve them either hot or cold.