Lamb Ragu with pappardelle
One of the most basic sauces is a ragù, traditionally a slow-cooked mixture of beef, pork or veal; tomatoes; seasonings; and often stock and cream. It is often served with pasta and in its simplest form is ‘’spaghetti with meat sauce.” This variation of ragù is based on lamb.
500 gr leg of suckling lamb, deboned
1 garlic clove
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 tbs coarse pepper
400 gr tomatoes diced
200 gr strained yogurt
200 ml white wine
500 gr bavette or pappardelle (pasta)
salt & pepper
- Boil in salted water according to package instructions. Drain.
1. Remove all fat from the lamb and cut it into small pieces.
2. Sauté the onions, garlic and meat in a little bit of olive oil.
3. Add the peppers, cut into thin slices and as soon as they soften douse with wine.
4. Add the tomato and coarse pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. When the meat becomes tender add the yogurt and stir.
6. Remove from fire and serve with pasta.