Stewed Potatoes (yahni)
This Greek recipe for stewed potatoes in tomato sauce is simple to make. Serve with crusty bread for the sauce and a side of feta cheese. Add a seasonal salad for a more substantial meal.
1 kg of potatoes
1 medium onion,
½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil
½ kg of ripe tomatoes
freshly ground black pepper
- Clean and cut potatoes into large pieces
- Roughly chop onion
- Peel cut and grate tomatoes
1. Saute the onion in oil until it is soft.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes before adding the potatoes.
3. Simmer until the potatoes are soft and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
4. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.