Quick Beer Bread with Kalamata olives, Onions and Herbs
Bread is often a time-consuming endeavour, this bread though does nto take much time to make or bake. It is a tight crumbed, filling bread that is best accompanied by a simple spread or dip.
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 large egg, beaten
1 ½ cup beer
1/2 cup chopped onions
½ cup pitted, chopped Kalamata olives
2 tbsp fresh, chopped mint
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chop the onions, olives and mint
Preheat the oven to 180°C
1. Mix the first four ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the center and add the egg, beer, onions, olives and herbs. Mix until combined.
3. Lightly oil a loaf pan and pour the batter into it and for about 40-45 minutes, or until a slim knife inserted in the center of the bread comes away clean.
4. Remove the bread from the pan and leave to cool on a rack. Serve.