Chicken Wings Marinated in Garlic (Jawaneh D' jej Bil-Toom)
This Lebanese appetizer must be eaten with your fingers, they are perfect for a finger food buffet and can be perfectly accompanied with an aromatized yoghurt dip! Some possible ingredients to use for the dip are garlic, tahini or parika, and a squirt of lemon.
8 big chicken wings or 12 small ones
8 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp finely ground black pepper
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
salt to taste
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Press the garlic using a garlic press or a mortar and prestle
1. Put the crushed garlic in a large mixing bowl and stir in the olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings.
2. Add the chicken wings, coat them well with the marinade and leave for an hour, turning them over occasionally.
3. Grill or barbecue the wings, for about 10 minutes on each side, or until they are nearly charcoaled and crispy. Alternatively you can bake them for about 30 minutes in a hot oven, turning them over halfway through, so that they are crisp on both sides.
4. Serve hot with a refreshing dip.