Borage Salad with Cucumbers
Borage is a beautiful flower and a therapeutic herb but it is also fantastic to eat. It adds great flavor and brightness to any salad.
1/4 cup sweet soft cheese (sweet ""myzithra"")
6 tbs yogurt (strained)
2 tbs blanched almonds
1 tbs cucumber
1 cup fresh borage leaves and shoots
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
20 borage flowers (to garnish)
- Finely chop almonds, cucumber, borage leaves and shoots
1. Spoon in the sweet cheese, yogurt, olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor and process for 3 minutes.
2. Add the almonds, cucumber, borage, salt and gently stir with a wooden spoon to mix all the ingredients well.
3. Test the salad and correct the taste with a little salt or lemon, if necessary.
4. Fill in a few glass bowls with this salad. Let them chill in the refrigerator and garnish with borage leaves before serving.