2 cups fine semolina
2 ½ level tsp. bakίng powder
3/4 cup butter
1 cyp sugar
1 ½ cups yogurt
20-24 almonds, blanched and lightly toasted
light cream for gamish
FOR THE SYRUP
2 cups sugar
½ cups water
1. Sift semolina with baking powder and powdered vanilla flavouring
2. In large bowl, cream butter with sugar until pale. Beat eggs in one at a time, then gradually stir in semolina and yogurt.
3. Lightly grease a 20x30 cm. baking pan. Pour in cake and bake at 180 0 C for 35 mins.
4. Boil syrup ingredients; set aside to cool. Remove cake from oven and while still in pan, cut into squares. Place an almond in the middle of each piece, then pour cool syrup over hot cake. Let stand until cake is barely warm.
5. Serve from pan; drizzle a little cream over top.