Baked Leeks with Ground Meat (Tave me Presh)
When baked in the oven, leeks have this unique sweetness to them! They become soft and juicy and make a wonderful dinner. This dish is indeed heavy, but incredibly tasteful!
2 lbs leeks
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 lb ground meat
1 tbsp tomato sauce
mild red pepper
- Cut off the green part of the leek; wash and cut slantwise into 1-inch thick slices.
- Finely chop or grate the onions
Preheat oven to 375°F
1. Sauté the leek in a little oil and place in a baking pan.
2. Sauté the onion until transparent in the remaining oil.
3. Add the ground meat and cook until the moisture has evaporated.
4. Add beef stock, tomato sauce, red pepper, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
5. Pour meat mixture over the sautéed leeks. Bake for 1 hour. Serve hot.