Adas Bi Haamud
1 1/2 cup lentils
2 1/2 cup swiss chard leaves
3/4 cup chopped onions
3/4 cup olive oil
1 bunch green kizbara (coriander) or 1 stalk celery
5 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup lemon juice (or to taste)
1. Wash lentils well and leave to drain overnight.
2. Wash lentils again in morning and pick over.
3. Cook with water to cover in pressure cooker for l0 minutes.
4. Open cooker. Add chard leaves which have been chopped with a few stems and one cup water.
5. Cook under pressure another 8 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, fry onions in olive oil.
7. Crush garlic with salt and add to fried onions.
8. Wash and chop kizbara or celery and add with the onions to the chard and lentil mixture. Stir.
9. Add lemon juice mixed with one tsp flour to thicken the sauce.
10. Let simmer until it is like thick soup.
11. Add seasonings. Serve hot.