Leg of Lamb in the Oven
This classic leg of lamb recipe with gravy is so delicious. It's the perfect Sunday family entree served with potatoes.
1 kg leg of lamb
6 tsp of olive oil
2 tsp of flour
3-4 garlic cloves
1 lemon (its juice)
Preheat oven at 180° C.
1. Wash and drain the meat well.
2. With a knife point, make holes in different parts of the meat then fill each with half a clove of garlic seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. Rub the whole leg with the juice of one lemon.
4. Season the meat with salt and pepper then put it in a pan for roasting.
5. Baste the meat the 4 tsp of oil and a little flour.
6. Put the meat in a moderate oven to roast for one and a quarter hours, browning on all sides.
7. Making the gravy: when the meat has cooked, remove it from the roasting pan, let it cool then cut in slices and keep warm in a pyrex dish.
8. Pour in the roasting pan 1 cup of warm water and stir, mixing it with the thick meat dripping.
9. Melt 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
10. Blend in 1 or 2 tbsp. of flour and stir until brown.
11. Add the meat stock, strained and stir the gravy until it is thick and smooth.