Lamb Kebab with Yoghurt sauce (Giaourtlou)
These succulent lamb kebabs are perfect with mint yogurt sauce. Wonderful summer flavors for the grill.
1 kg of lamb mince, preferably leg, with all the fat
1 onion, put through a blender
3 tbs of butter at room temperature
freshly ground pepper
a little hot pepper
For the yoghurt sauce
250 gr of strained yoghurt
3 tbs of olive oil
1 tbs of vinegar
4-5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1 small cup of fresh dill, finely chopped
1 small cup of finely chopped cucumber, with the skin
Preheat grill at 180° C.
- Finely chop mint, dill, cucumbers
- Blend onion
1. In a bowl, knead the mince with the onion, butter, salt, pepper and hot pepper.
2. Form into sausages of about 6-7 cm in length. Leave in the fridge for approximately an hour.
3. Prepare the sauce. In a bowl, use a fork to whisk together the yoghurt, olive oil, vinegar, mint, cucumber and dill. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
4. Grill the kebabs until cooked on all sides.
5. Slice open some pita breads.
6. Place a lettuce leaf on the pita and top with 2-3 slices of tomato, a little yoghurt sauce and 1 or 2 kebabs.
7. Garnish with a little parsley and…bon appetite.