Hake Medallions with Truffles
Hake is a member of the cod family and is used very often in Spanish cuisine. If you have every smelled sizzling butter with truffle, or any mushroom for that matter, you will know that it gives off an irresistible aroma!
8 medallions of hake
Salt and pepper
3 tbsρ olive oil
2 tbsρ sherry vinegar
2 tbsρ butter
1 black truffle, peeled and finely sliced or black truffle oil
12 tbsρ pine nuts (optional)
- Rinse and clean the hake
- Zucchini, leek, and carrots cut into julienne
- Peel and dice the tomatoes into small cubes
1. Season with salt and pepper and leave tο infuse for 5 minutes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and frγ the fish οn a low heat for about 5 minutes οn each side. Lift out the fish and keep hot.
3. Saute the vegetables for a few minutes in the frying oil and juices. Deglaze with the sherry vinegar.
4. Melt the butter in a second frying pan and lightly fry the slices οf truffle.
5. Arrange the fish οn individual plates with the vegetables and truffle slices tο serve. Optionally garnish with pine nuts.