Goat Kid with Rice
Goat has a reputation for strong, gamey flavor but is leaner and contains less cholesterol and fat than both lamb and beef.
1 ½ kilo goat kid leg cut into servings
1 small cup cognac
1 lemon (the juice)
200 g olive oil
2 cups wild rice, or long grain rice
1. Brown the goat kid servings well in hot oil.
2. Add salt and pepper and douse with the cognac, add the lemon and 2 cups hot water.
3. Let it simmer for 50’ until the meat softens and it has absorbed all the water.
4. Boil the rice selected separately (according to the instructions on the package).
5. In a platter, place the meat in the center, the rice around it and pour over the sauce from the meat.