Fresh Figs Pastry
This fresh fig pastry is so full of flavor and it goes very well with a honey or vanilla ice-cream.
6 fresh, large figs, cleaned and chopped into pieces
2 tbs sugar, brown
2 tbs walnuts
1 tbs raisins
½ tsp cinnamon
1 mastic piece, crushed
1 tbs brandy
7 filo pastry sheets
sugar icing (to sprinkle)
Preheat oven at 180º C.
- Clean and chop figs into pieces
1. Put the figs, brandy, raisins and sugar in casserole dish with a tablespoon of water.
2. Cover the casserole with lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove casserole from the heat and stir in the walnuts and spices. Let the mixture cool off completely.
4. Place the filo sheet on a flat surface and brush it with butter. Place the next sheet over the first, butter again and repeat the procedure with the remaining filo sheets.
5 Spoon the mixture over the top layer and roll them in. Place them on a baking pan, brush them with butter and bake for 45 minutes.
6. When done, remove them from the oven, sprinkle with icing sugar, cut in pieces and serve.