Turkish Salad with couscous
This salad is not as exotic as its name makes it sound; one more simple, fresh and crunchy cous cous salad. This is a great meal to use to start introducing different tastes to youg children; easy to swallow, interesting textures and healthy...
6 oz couscous
1 bunch spring onions
3 ripe tomatoes
2 oz raisins
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 bunch mint
salt and freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp oil
- Chop the mint and the parsley
- Trim and finely chop the spring onions
- Cut the cucmber in small cubes
- Dice the tomatoes (peel and discard the seeds first, if preferred).
- Squeeze the lemon juice
1. Cover the couscous with cold water and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Drain through a sieve, pressing out the excess water. Place in a bowl.
2. Add the spring onions, cucumber, tomatoes and raisins to the couscous with the chopped herbs and seasoning to taste.
3. Pour over the lemon juice and oil. Mix lightly together, if not eating immediately, cover and chill until required.