Tagliatelle with Kavourma, Leeks and Tomato
Kavourmas is a Greek cured pork, heavily spiced and particular in taste. The tomatoes and fresh parsley in this pasta dish really balance the heavy taste of the cured meat with their freshness. If you cannot find kavourmas, substitute with another cured meat, Italian prosciutto, spanish lomo or even a local spiced suasage.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium leeks (the white part)
½ wine glass white wine
800g tomatoes concasse
½ cup strained yogurt
½ bunch parsley
1 tsp dry basil
salt & pepper
100g graviera cheese
- Finely chop the leeks
- Dice the tomatoes into small squares
- Chop the Kavourmas
1. Sauté the leeks in the olive oil. Add the kavourmas and cook until it turns a brown colour.
2. Deglaze with white wine and let it boil strongly until the wine evaporates.
3. Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and let them cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
4. Boil the pasta in salted water, strain and just before serving add the yogurt to the sauce as well as the finely chopped parsley.
5. Serve with grated graviera cheese.