Spinach Salad with Pumpkin seeds, Fennel, Oranges and Feta
A great healthy fresh tasting salad! This creative variation to the classic green salad is beautiful and delicious.
For the salad
500 g flat-leaf spinach, or a combination of spinach and arugula
1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1 medium-sized onion
1 medium fennel bulb
1 large navel orange
150 g soft feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing
1/3 cup extra-virgin Greek olive oil
2-3 tbs sherry vinegar
1 tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tbs. Greek thyme honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel onion and slice thin
- Trim and coarsely chop fennel bulb
- Peel and dice navel orange
- Trim and wash the spinach and/or arugula, cutting away and discarding the tough stems.
1. Tear the greens into large pieces.
3. Place in a salad bowl with the onions, fennel and oranges and toss.
4. Whisk together the olive oil, sherry vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until the mixture is thick and creamy.
5. Garnish the salad with the crumbled feta and toasted pumpkin seeds and pour the dressing on top just before serving.