Spanish Cucumber Soup
This Spanish cold cucumber soup is best served as a small refreshing pre-appetizer in a beautiful small glass recipient as a welcome "snack"! Serve it using a jug, which you can either bring to the table to serve co-dinres directly, or pre-serve it into the glasess and bring to the table with a tray!
1 large (or 2 small) cucumbers
1 small onion
3 sprigs parsley
3 sprigs mint
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. gelatin
fresh ground black pepper
- Finely chop the mint and the parsley
- Squeeze the lemon
1. Grate the onion and cucumber, and mix with the juice, the mint and the parsley.
2. Melt the gelatin in a little hot water. Add it to the cucumber mixture.
3. Add 1 pint (1/2 liter) of water, or slightly less. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Chill before serving and sprinkle with a mixture of the chopped herbs.