Salmon Tartare with Apples
Salmon tartare is a great summer appetizer, you can surround it with a bed of greens or a flower of avocado dressed with a light lemon vinaigrette!
700g fresh salmon filets
1 small bunch fresh dill
4 red apples
1 tbsp freshly ground ginger
1 egg white
6 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp mustard
½ tbsp bread crumbs
salt & freshly ground pepper
- Cut the salmon filet into small cubes.
- Cut 1 apple into small cubes. Cut the remaining apple into round slices and sprinkle with lemon juice so they do not blacken.
- Finely chop the dill
1. Mix the salmon and apple together and add the ginger powder, the ½ tbsp mustard and the egg white.
2. Mix 4 tbsp olive oil, half of the capers, salt, freshly ground pepper and finally, add the lemon juice. Sprinkle with red peppercorns and mix gently.
3. In another bowl mix the dill, 2 tbsp olive oil, the bread crumbs and the salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the ingredients. Lightly salt and pepper.
4. Divide the salmon mixture into 4 plates with a layer of dill-breadcrumbs in between.
*The tartare should be served immediately after the lemon juice is added.because it will "cook" in the lemon juice and this particular recipe is for raw fish (tartare).
5. Garnish with apple slices. Pour the marinade juice on top and sprinkle with capers and red pepper.