Salmon en Papillote
Salmon in papillote is one of the best ways to cook salmon fillets; simply because it does not dry out, it retains all its aromas, and you can fill the inside of the litlle packet with whatever spices, herbs, sauces, roots, nuts, etc, you can imagine!
4 slices salmon steak (5 to 6 ounces each)
1 lemon, sliced
4 tsp olive oil
4 sprigs dill
salt & pepper
- Peel and slice the onion in julienne.
- Slice the lemon in rings
Preheat oven to 400º F.
1. Cut 4 sheets (12" X 12") of aluminum foil. Place a salmon slice in the center of each foil sheet.
2. Place on each slice, 4 or 5 onion slices, 1 lemon slice and 1 sprig of dill. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Wrap the fish so that it is completely sealed, but leave some space in between the salmon surface and the top of the foil pouch.
4. Place the papillotes in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes according to the thickness of the slices. Serve the papillotes on a large dish.
*Rice or steamed potatoes are a perfect side dish for this healthy and tasty recipe.