Rice Salad with Smoked Turkey
The contrast of textures and their combined flavors make this summer salad a wonderful meal.
200g of Carolina rice
250g of fresh zucchinis
1 cup of cooked corn
150g of fresh, green beans
200g of smoked turkey
For the dressing
Grated rind of 1 lemon
3 tbs of olive oil
1 tbs of lemon juice
1 tbs of rosemary leaves
1 small cup of parsley, finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped
freshly ground pepper
- Finely chop onion and parsley
1. Boil the rice in plenty of salted water. Strain and set aside.
2. Grate the zucchinis. Slice the radishes into rounds, and cook the beans in salted water. If the beans are very long, cut in half.
3. Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing lightly with a fork.
4. Prepare the salad. In a bowl, add the rice, grated zucchinis, cooked corn, sliced radishes and the beans. Pour over the dressing.
5. Transfer the salad to a platter and place rolled up slices of smoked turkey next to it.