Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Terrine with Pistachio Nuts and Dried Apricots
This savoury terrine is delicious served cold after being chilled for 5 hours with good bread and a green salad.
350g chicken breast mince
350g pork leg mince
100g shelled pistachio nuts
80g dried apricots, thinly sliced
zest from 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 180οC
- Thinly slice the apricots
1. Overlap the prosciutto slices at the bottom of a non-stick rectangular cake tin or terrine mould. Make sure they overhang by at least 2 cm on each side.
2. Mix the mince, egg, pistachios, chopped apricots, lemon zest in a bowl. Season well. Try not to overwork the mix.
3. Spread the mince mix in the tin and fold over the prosciutto. Cover the tin with foil, place it in a roasting tin and fill it ¾ of the way up with boiling water and bake for 1.5 hours.
4. Let the terrine come to room temperature, place something heavy on top (e.g. jar of jam) and refrigerate for several hours until firm.
5. Remove from mould and slice it carefully.